Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Puji website Terms and Conditions of use. These Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this website and by accessing this website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out below.
By placing an order with Puji you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions as set out. These Terms and Conditions cover the sale of Puji products contained on this website and all promotions run by Puji.
We reserve the right to modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently this website or any part thereof with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the website; and/or change the conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the website or any part thereof following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the conditions then you must immediately stop using the Puji website.
We reserve the right to accept, refuse or limit your order for any reason including the unavailability of a product, errors in price and product descriptions posted on the website.
Your privacy is important to us so we only use the information you provide about yourself when using this website to assist us in improving our service to you. We do not share this information with any third party. We fully comply with UK DATA PROTECTION AND CONSUMER LEGISLATION.
To comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 we are required to inform you that any personal information you provide to us and any user information from which we can identify you is held on our computing system for the sole purpose of processing your order.
We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders;
- for statistical or survey purposes to improve this website and its services to you:
- if you consent we will keep you up to date with news and offers that may be of interest to you.
- to administer this website.
- You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of these purposes whether by telephone, email or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the PRIVACY AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS REGULATIONS 2003.
Please let us know if you object to us keeping this information by contacting our customer services department by phone 020 8886 3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will unsubscribe you at any time.
Purchase of products
- All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT to retail customers and prices do not include delivery.
- You will only be charged one delivery charge for orders containing multiple items. If your order contains a large furniture item, the final delivery charge is based on your postcode.
- Full payment must be made before any product is despatched from our warehouse. All payments taken by phone or online are taken in a secure environment.
- All items require 100% payment at the time of ordering.
- Accepted payment methods can be seen at checkout.
All orders placed on this website will be subject to the acceptance in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. All orders are subject to availability.
Upon placing an order, all purchasers will be given an estimated lead time for delivery. Due to the increased congestion in international shipping lines and the high levels of traffic in UK docks, we cannot be held responsible for unforeseen delays in the arrival of goods. We will however do our best to solve any problems these delays might cause. This estimation shall be in no form binding upon Puji and shall at no point be a condition of any contractual obligation with purchasers.
MADE TO ORDER PRODUCTS
If an item states a lead time next to its availability, this means we do not hold stock of this item and it will specifically be made to fulfil your order. These items can often have long lead times, this is due to these pieces of furniture being handmade from recycled materials, the majority being recycled teak, all of which we pride ourselves on being sustainably sourced. An example of where this material comes from may be beans from old houses and railways which are collected, but it means we have to wait for these materials to become readily available. The high demand for this timber means it is hard to find suitable wood which results in the production process being much longer than using fresh wood.
Our workshops are small artisan companies with few carpenters. Once your product has been carefully handcrafted, we ensure you will receive a quality handmade product, however, we ask for your understanding in that making this does take time.
If goods have been made for you i.e not in stock, then the order is exempt from the cancellation provision under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. A cancellation fee of 20% is applicable to all made-to-order/made-to–measure products. In respect of these products our usual refund policy does not apply, and products cannot be returned or exchanged unless faulty.*
A made-to-order product is a furniture item which is not currently in stock. It is manufactured specifically for you based on your order. None of the above affect your statutory rights when goods are faulty, or not as described.
On placing your order we will send you an ‘acknowledgement of order’ email indicating that Puji has received your order, the items ordered, payment total and that we are checking availability of stock. Please note this email is not an order confirmation or acceptance. Quantity and description of your order will be the same as set out in the ‘acknowledgement of order’ email.
Acceptance of your order takes place on despatch. We will inform you once your items have been despatched from our warehouse. We reserve the right to refuse delivery to any individual or Company.
We reserve the right to discontinue products.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered is unavailable.
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing or product description error on the site.
- You not meeting the eligibility to order criteria as set out in the Terms and Conditions.
- Puji will store ordered furniture at no extra charge for two weeks after its arrival into our warehouse. If a delivery date is arranged for after this time Puji reserve the right to charge 5% per week of the total order as a storage fee until the customer has the goods delivered.
Updating Account Information
It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your contact details or delivery addresses. We will not be held responsible for any failed deliveries due to incorrect information being provided.
Only one promotional code/voucher code may be used per each online transaction. The promotional code/voucher has no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash or benefits in kind such as gift vouchers. All promotional codes/voucher codes exclude already discounted items unless otherwise stated.
For full delivery information please view our shipping policy at checkout.
Every effort is made to ensure that the products you view online correspond as closely as possible to the samples we display in catalogues. Due to the nature and style of our furniture and handcrafted production slight variations can occur. Any indentations, filings, patch work, block work are part and parcel of the reclaimed wood the products are made from. These natural markings and inaccuracies add to the character of the piece. No responsibility can be accepted for these variations and we do not select timbers without inclusions. It is always important to bear in mind that computer browsers may present colours slightly differently.
- Due to the rustic effect and nature of the timber we use and the handmade quality of the furniture, each piece is likely to be unique in appearance, colour and finish. Dimensions may be +/- 4 CM from the sizes given online or in our brochures: to avoid disappointment on the day, please bear this in mind when measuring your space and ordering furniture.
- Real wood may acclimatise in your home within the first year. If you experience this please contact our customer services team on 0208886300 or email email@example.com. You can also read our product care guide within customer services on our website for advice and tips.
- For the long term maintenance of any solid wood product we recommend that there are no direct sources of heat very close by. Changing temperatures can cause the wood to shrink or expand. Placing a piece of furniture up against a radiator will exaggerate this and may cause movement and in some cases slight cracking.
- On a daily basis the furniture will require minimal maintenance apart from dry dusting. We recommend that once a month you apply good quality beeswax or oil depending on your finish to keep the furniture well nourished and safeguard against shrinkage. Rub in and buff to a shine. Puji advise you to avoid using any spray based cleaning products and abrasive products. If in doubt about the finish of your product please contact the store before applying any products.
Returns and Replacements
For full returns and replacements information, please view our refund policy at checkout.
Join Our Mailing List
Sign up to our mailing list to receive regular updates about our great offers and competitions. You will also receive a 10% off welcome gift, applicable on your first order of full priced items. An offer code will be sent directly to your email address and is valid to be used on your first order over the value of £50. This code is only valid on one transaction. You can unsubscribe from the mailing list at any time by simply following the link on your email.
- Furniture is guaranteed for one year from the date of purchase (including sale items, but excluding clearance stock, special purchase and sold as seen items). This one year guarantee is provided on condition that each item is cared for in accordance with the advice contained on the Puji website and product care guide. Where appropriate Puji will repair the item free of charge during this period, or we will replace the piece at our discretion if we believe this is appropriate.
- In the rare event that an item arrives faulty or damaged please contact our customer service team on 020 8886 3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange to collect the damaged item and organise either a replacement or a full refund. Puji reserve the right to repair an item rather than replacing it.
- Refunds will be issued to the card that was used to place the order once the goods have been received back into our warehouse.
- The wood used in our Puji furniture products often has a rustic look making each item slightly different in colour, appearance, measurements and finish. We will not exchange items on a 'like for like' basis purely on the grounds of the character of the wood used.
- We cannot be held responsible for stain transfers from products to carpets or any other surfaces and recommend the use of carpet protectors and drawer liners. We advise that you clean your furniture thoroughly to remove any excess stain or wood protector which may remain from the manufacturing and transportation process.
- Our guarantees do not apply to items taken outside of the UK Mainland.
- Our trading policy does not affect your statutory rights. Puji is based in the UK and trades under UK law and regulations.
Lowest Price Promise
We're proud to offer our customers competitive pricing across all of our products. One of Puji's core aims is to provide the highest quality products at the best prices.
Our prices are already low, but should you come across a product at a lower price than ours of the same high quality, we will match it.
Should you find a product like this, please get in touch today via our contact form and include the following competitors details:
- Competitor's company name
- Competitor's product code and product name
- Competitor's price
- Link to competitors product
Terms and conditions
1. Our lowest price promise applies to the UK only and excludes auction sites and private sellers.
2. Competitors must have UK registered websites.
3. The product must be brand new, it is not valid against products that are used or damaged.
4. Lowest price promise applies to the total cost of an identical product including delivery charges.
5. The competitors product must be in stock and available for immediate despatch.
6. Lowest price promise offers will be valid only for 24 hours from the time the offer is made.
7. Where necessary, we reserve the right to limit the best price guarantee offer to one item per customer.
8. This cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, promotion or voucher code.
9. Competitor prices will require full verification by our team. Responses to applications will be via email within 48 hours from time of submission (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
10. Lowest price promise offers made are at the discretion of Puji.
11. Lowest price promise requests must be made before purchase. Claims cannot be honoured after purchase.
12. Our lowest price promise excludes our unique teak ranges.
Tel: 0208 886 3000
The registered company details are NSD Online Ltd trading as Puji.com 467 Kingsway Manchester M19 1NR